|Section 1: Planning
- Given the customer environment, tools, and network architecture, identify event sources, probes and gateways for the event management solution deployment so that a list of event sources, probes and gateways is available.
- Given the number of devices, device types, and system/application monitoring, calculate the number of events so that the number of events expected is available.
- Given the customer organization, users, groups, and tools, identify which user groups require access to what functions, and the type of authentication required so that the number of user access requirements is identified.
- Given the Netcool Architecture, event volume, and hardware and software supported, calculate event volume and perform sizing calculation so that the required amount of hardware, memory and disk space per hardware is identified or defined.
- Given the implementation requirements, design the IBM Netcool/OMNIbus architecture and type of implementation required so that the OMNIbus architecture satisfies the customer requirements.
- Given an IBM Netcool/OMNIbus architecture document, network requirements, communication protocols, and customer security requirements, determine the type of security required so that the security requirements are documented.
- Given the software requirements, architecture and user ID access requirements, determine the installation requirements for disk, user account and platform so that the system is prepared for the product installation.
- Given the availability of prerequisite scanner utility, verify the prerequisites on target installation servers so that the prerequisites have been identified.
|Section 2: Installation
- Given the disk space, privileged ID and operating system dependencies install Installation Manager so ObjectServer, Web GUI and other component can be installed.
- Given the disk space requirements, privileged ID and operating system dependencies install ObjectServer so that the ObjectServer is installed and running.
- Given the customer environment and solution architecture, install/upgrade the required probes so that the probes and gateways are available.
- Given that ObjectServer has been installed and configured, and environmental variables have been set, migrate existing ObjectServer data so that the existing ObjectServer data has been migrated.
- Given the disk space, privileged ID and operating system dependencies install or upgrade Web GUI so that the Web GUI server is installed or upgraded and ready for configuration.
- Given the TIP Admin ID password, with Webtop and Web GUI installed, follow export import steps so that data is migrated from Webtop 2.x into Web GUI.
- Given that the ObjectServer is installed determine and configure the appropriate settings for properties files so that the properties file for ObjectServer is configured.
- Given the disk space, privileged ID, operating system dependencies and type of Display ObjectServer, install Display ObjectServer so that the Display ObjectServer is up and running.
- Given the supported Java versions and compatibility with previous Omnibus versions, initiate installation of Administrator and Event List so that the Administrator and Event List are installed and running.
|Section 3: Configuration
- Given the privileged ID with ObjectServers and Gateway installed, configure gateways between ObjectServer so that the gateway is configured between two ObjectServers.
- Given that OMNIbus is installed, Netcool Architecture document, configure outbound gateways so an outbound gateway is configured and running.
- Given that OMNIbus is installed, Netcool Architecture document, modify and verify the Configuration of locale, environment variable, gateway, and ObjectServer so the Process agent is managing the ObjectServer and gateway as per the Netcool Architecture document.
- Given that OMNIbus is installed and Netcool Architecture document, create a deployment using Initial Configuration Wizard that could be distributed to other servers so that OMNIBus deployment was created with Initial Configuration Wizard.
- Given the Installed and configured ObjectServer, Netcool Architecture document and hardware, Identify and configure the probes requested so that the requested probes are configured as per the Netcool Architecture documentation.
- Given the Installed ObjectServer , installed Web GUI and Netcool Architecture document , configure the required tools so that the requested tools are available for users.
- Given the installed and configured ObjectServer, and installed process agent, modify and verify the required properties file and configure the Process Agent and required user for the Process Agent so that the Process Agent is configured with the required process.
- Given the Netcool Architecture, configure the Proxy Server and probes so that the Proxy server is running with probes connected.
- Given the Netcool Architecture and installed ObjectServers and gateways, configure the multi-tiered architecture so that the multi-tiered ObjectServers and gateways are running.
- Given the Netcool Architecture, customer requirements on event data and customer processes, modify the ObjectServer schema and create ObjectServer automations so that the ObjectServer is customized to meet requirements..
- Given the Netcool Architecture, authentication requirements and Web GUI user processes, configure Web GUI so that the Web GUI is customized to meet requirements.
- Given Omnibus has been installed and configured, configure pages and views so that pages and views are customized per the customer's requirements.
- Given Omnibus has been installed and configured, use the Administrator GUI to add an external tool, so that an external tool has been configured.
- Given that the Web GUI is installed and running and administrator permission is available, configure the user permissions and portlet defaults so that users permissions are configured to successfully modify/adjust portlet configurations.
- Given ID requirements and installed and configured Omnibus, configure the Accelerated Event Notification (AEN) Client so that the AEN Client is configured.
- Given installed and configured Omnibus, configure the HTTP/OSLC ObjectServer Interface so that the HTTP/OSLC ObjectServer interface is configured.
- Given Omnibus has been installed and configured, configure HTTP and OSLC so that you can communicate with the probes using HTTP and OSLC.
- Given the Installed and configured ObjectServer, Netcool Architecture document and hardware, Identify and configure the probes for remote communication so that remote configuration of probes is complete.
|Section 4: Administration
- Given ObjectServer has been installed and configured and ID privileges are available, perform administration tasks on the ObjectServer so that ObjectServer is administrated.
- Given the customer environment, Solution architecture and detailed requirements, administer/configure the Web GUI so that the Web GUI is successfully administered.
- Given the customer environment, Solution architecture and detailed requirements create backups of Web GUI so that Web GUI has successful backups.
- Given the customer environment, Solution architecture and detailed requirements, deploy startup scripts so that OMNIbus components are successfully started.
- Given the customer environment, Solution architecture and detailed requirements, create filters, views and maps in Web GUI as per the user's requirement so that filters, views and maps are successfully created.
|Section 5: Performance Tuning and Problem Determination
- Given that there are multiple Log Files Management commands, manage log files so that log files for the ObjectServer, Probes and Gateways are configured properly.
- Given that a set of probe rules has been created, check the syntax so that the probe syntax is verified.
- Given that the ObjectServer is configured and running, verify the communications settings for the ObjectServer so that communication between the components is identified and verified.
- Given that a Probe has been installed, check the properties file so that the properties files are configured properly.
- Given Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus has been installed, configure and verify the OMNIbus environment variables, so that the environment variables have been configured.
- Given Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus has been installed and configured, customize OMNIbus ObjectServer configuration such that the ObjectServer performance is optimal.